When brands are just getting started with dietitian outreach they usually understand that RDs are ‘nutritionists’, that they may counsel clients one on one, and that they may post on social media. But many people new to the dietetics field aren’t aware of the vast scope of the dietetics profession.
Proper nutrition can optimize performance, reverse chronic disease, and much much more. Dietitians typically choose one area of nutrition to focus on and therefore there are dietitians for nearly every health concern and population.
You will see dietitians working in…
- Schools & Universities
- For Sports Teams
- Corporate Offices – nutrition communications or corporate wellness
- TV & Media
- Grocery Stores
- Functional Medicine Clinics
- Government & Public Health
- Food Service
- Private Practice
- Online Business – podcasts, blogs, online courses, etc.
You will also see dietitians who specialize in…
- Hormonal Health
- Women’s Health
- Childhood Nutrition
- Nutrition for Sports Performance
- Weight Management
- Gut Health and Digestive Disorders
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Kidney Disease
- Eating Disorders
- Body Image
- Recipe Development & Culinary
- Heart Health
- Plant-Based Diets
- and so much more…
Because everyone has different dietary needs, the dietetics field encompasses a huge range of specialties and industries. No matter which type of health-driven consumer you are trying to reach, a dietitian can likely help you reach them.