Typically when we think of brand partnerships, we immediately think of sponsored posts on Instagram. So, you may be thinking, ‘I can’t work with brands, I don’t have an Instagram following!‘
But the truth is, you don’t need to be a social media influencer to partner with brands. While influencer partnerships are a great option, it is not the only way! We all provide different value to brands and brands want to work with all types of RDs – clinical, private practice, retail, and more.
When seeking brand partnerships, consider how you can provide value to the brand. Your value may not be in your social media following and that’s okay! Your value may lie in your specialty and niche expertise, local audience, or other areas of your work. Get creative with what you are currently offering and consider how a brand may be able to get involved. What value could you bring to them?
Below is a quick list of 15 ways RDs have partnered with brands that don’t focus on social media promotion. Take a look!
- Webinar Sponsors
- RD-Hosted Conferences
- Workshops – Food Photography, Culinary Nutrition, etc.
- Podcast Ads
- Sponsored Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- TV Segments
- Write for their blog if their audience aligns with your expertise
- Be a source for media mentions
- Content creation
- Offer consultations on your specialty to help them learn more about communicating with this audience
- Meal Plans
- IGTV or FB Lives on other people’s or organization’s social media accounts
- Recipe Development
- Food Photography
Help me add to the list! What are some unique ways you’ve partnered with brands?