A great way to secure brand partnerships is to pitch specific partnership ideas. Finding a creative angle is key and can actually take some of the work off of their team (which is a win!). A great way to do this is to tie in certain topics and themes that would be relevant to their brand and their customer throughout the year.
How might this work?
For example, if you specialize in Celiac disease you may want to offer your services for Celiac Awareness Month in May. Whether you are planning content on your own platforms or want to offer your services for them, this is a great foot in the door.
Depending on the nature of the partnership, plan to pitch your services about 6-8 weeks out. Below are a few holidays and themes that could be a great fit for you and a variety of food companies throughout the year. Use your own unique specialty to put a custom twist on the holiday or theme that would be perfect for the brand you are pitching. Use the ideas below to consider recipe ideas, brands to pitch, topics to consider, and more.
Sample Brand Pitch Calendar
- New Years
- National Oatmeal Month
- National Baking Month
- National Gluten-Free Day (Jan. 13)
- Heart Health Month
- National Hot Breakfast Month
- National Pizza Day (Feb. 9)
- National Nutrition Month
- National Sauce Month
- National Flour Month
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (March 1)
- National Chicken Noodle Soup Day (March 13)
- National Soy foods Month
- Earth Day (April 22)
- National Sourdough Bread Day (April 1)
- National Zucchini Bread Day (April 25)
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day (April 30)
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Celiac Awareness Month
- Food Allergy Awareness Week
- Women’s Health Week
- National Enchilada Day – Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month
- Family Health and Fitness Day
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
- 4th of July – national BBQ day!
- Summer Cookouts
- Official Hot Dog Day (July 23)
- Back to School
- National Sandwich Month
- National Trail Mix Day (Aug. 31)
- National Watermelon Day (Aug. 3)
- Labor Day Weekend
- PCOS Month
- Celiac Awareness Day (Sept. 13)
- National Coffee Day (Sep. 29)
- Halloween (Oct. 31)
- National Cookbook Month
- National Oatmeal Day (Oct. 29)
- National Caramel Apple Day (Oct. 31)
- Homemade Bread Day (Nov. 17)
- National Cranberry Day (Nov. 21)
- National EggNog Month
Take a look here and here for additional ideas that fit your niche and expertise. Keep a calendar or list of ideas and reach out to brands with specific ideas a few weeks beforehand to offer your help.